If you are looking for a last minute recipe for Thanksgiving day check out these recipes from Green Rush Daily.
If you are looking for dessert ideas check out our go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Pot Cookies
This is one of the simplest recipes that makes some fantastic cookies that cook quick but harden well around the edges.
Be warned the cookie dough is also great to eat too so keep the little (or big) cookie dough eaters away from this one. You can make these a few days in advance if desired and store them in air tight containers. Enjoy.
Kitchenaid mixer OR and hand mixer with standard mixing attachments
2 x Medium size bowls
Sifter ( preferred but if you don’t have one it still works fine)
Measuring cup full standard set of 1/4, 1/3,1/2, 3/4 & 1cup.
Measuring spoon set full standard set of 1/8,1/4,1/2,1tsp,1tble
Wooden Spoon or Spatula
Baking paper or parchment paper
- PREP 10 mins
- COOK 15 mins
- READY IN 40 mins
Recipe makes 1 1/2 dozen small/ medium or 11 massive cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted Cannabutter (here is a good recipe)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease cookie baking tray or line with parchment paper.
- Place flour, baking soda and salt into a sifter and sift over a medium size bowl. If no sifter is being used, then mix dry ingredients together with a spoon first. Set aside when mixed.
- Melt your pre-made cannabutter in a medium bowl in microwave.
- Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended and gooey. Taste to make sure its yummy or scoop some in a bowl for the cookie dough lover.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets for massive cookies. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart min. Use less mix for smaller cookies.
- Bake for 12 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly brownish and toasted. If they are slightly over cooked then they will become hard cookies, so better to have slightly under than over.
- Cool on separate baking sheets for a few minutes. Can be transferred to wire racks to cool completely if desired.